Monday, April 26, 2010

Computer Music Journal articles

Another search in Computer Music Journal archives provided valuable papers on gesture recognition.

A Multimodal System for Gesture Recognition in Interactive Music Performance
Computer Music Journal, 33:4, pp. 69–82, Winter 2009
This paper describes a system, that incorporates not only musical gesture recognition, but also video tracking of the performer, used mainly to provide natural and expressive score-following.


Expressive Concatenative Synthesis by Reusing Samples from Real Performance Recordings
Computer Music Journal, 33:4, pp. 23–42, Winter 2009
In this paper I found systematic classification of certain values used to analyze musical qualities. Here used for re-synthesis purposes, seem to fit the method I want to use in my system for gestures recognition.

Feature Set Patterns in Music
Computer Music Journal, 32:1, pp. 60–70, Spring 2008
This paper provides some background on pattern discovery algorithms. I might not get that far, but who knows.

Above mentioned articles can be obtained at MIT Press website from UW campus.

No comments:

Post a Comment