Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The first idea about the project

My initial idea for the project was to create a performance tool, that would interact in a meaningful musical way with my own performance. It would be similar to the situation, where members of a chamber group or band interact with each other while they improvise.

As I don't think that I'd manage to both create the system and compose a piece for it, I consider this project to be research-based.

The first research that needs to be done is to find similar projects and to see if any of them already fulfills my expectations and thus allows me to use it, instead of developing my own system.

I'm still considering moving to a composition-based project instead, as I'm not sure if the scope of my proposition isn't too big for a given time frame and if similar tool isn't already developed. Regarding my possible composition I would like to learn and use various FFT techniques, as this is the area I don't know much about yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment